Fairuz Fauzy will be driving the Friday Practice Runs for four more races in the 2010 season. He will be deriving at Silverstone, Hungary, Singapore and the season-closing Abu Dhabi races, taking over Jarno Trulli’s T127-04, and Heikki Kovalainen’s T127-01 chassis at two races each.



“First I want to thank Tony, Mike and the whole team for the chance to get back in the car. I really can’t wait to see how far we’ve moved forward since I was last out on track, and I’m very proud to have been given the chance to play another active role in our continuing development. I did the shakedown of chassis 04 at Snetterton a couple of weeks ago, but obviously couldn’t really push there, so it’ll be great to get back out and add whatever I can to help the team keep moving towards the midfield,” said Fairuz, who is quite excited about this – he calls Silverstone his “second home”.

Fairuz was with us at today’s press conference via Skype: “To start out at Silverstone is going to be very special indeed – I live literally a few metres from the track, so I’ll have a lot of friends, family and fans there to cheer me and the whole team on, and it’ll be great to be among the first F1 cars to try out the new section. I’m also really looking forward to the other three races, particularly Singapore as there is a unique challenge to racing under the lights, but also because there will be a lot of fans there from Malaysia and Singapore, and it’ll be great to put on a good show for them.”


“Every time Fairuz has been out on track for us he’s done a great job, and taking part in four more races is a just reward for the contribution he’s already made to the establishment and growth of our team. It’s another chance for us to learn more about how to get the most out of him in the car, as well as providing us with another invaluable viewpoint on the characteristics of our car,” said the team’s CTO Mike Gascoyne.

0 comments: